Is Valentine’s Day a waste of money?
Here’s what some of our Facebook friends had to say:
We celebrate with a nice dinner the day before or after to avoid the crowds and we exchange mushy cards. Maybe we should do this the 14th of every month as a reminder to express our feelings for each other. – Linda Sowell
Definitely over commercialized. We should honor each other regularly throughout the year. That being said though, most do not do it without having a day made for it. – Janine Batiste
No. You don’t have to be “cliche” with it, just do what feels right for you and your loved one! I LOVE it! – Lavender Booth
Can you relate to any of these comments?
Here’s a few ways to keep Valentine’s Day love in the air:
Protip: Your Money Personalities have EVERYTHING to do with how you view Valentine’s Day.
Want a good chuckle? Find your two Money Personalities in the list below and see if this is how you respond to Valentine’s Day.
- Saver: you can’t wait to show your love, but your gift won’t break the bank.
- Spender: you have no problem living it up to make your statement of love!
- Risk Taker: the wilder the better.
- Security Seeker: no element of surprise with your gift.
- Flyer: cozy up, Honey! You just want to spend time together.
Bottom Line? Chuckle at how your Money Personalities view Valentine’s Day, but give your gifts this year keeping your spouse’s Money Personalities in mind. Here’s some hints to do just that.
- Is a Saver really going to want a lavish gift? We know not :-).
- Is a Spender going to want the lavish gift? Absolutely!
- Is the Risk Taker going to want something “different?” Oh yes.
- Is the Security Seeker going to want a well thought out gift? Right on.
- And, last, is the Flyer just going to want to spend time with you? You got it.
Give the gift that keeps on giving by thinking about your spouse. A gift is about the “getter” not the “giver”.
If you want to learn more secrets to a great relationship, pick up a copy of our latest book, The 5 Money Personalities: Speaking The Same Love and Money Language. And, we’d love to hear from you on Facebook as we talk more about about the “day of Love” this week!
Scott & Bethany
The Money Couple®
Creators of The 5 Money Personalities™
Here’s more Valentine’s Day Tips:
Scott & Bethany Palmer are regulars on national TV and radio and speak internationally about The 5 Money Personalities™. To learn more about your Money Personalities, get FREE resources, and take the free, scientific assessment, visit TheMoneyCouple.com or pick up a copy of their book The 5 Money Personalities: Speaking the Same Love and Money Language.