How honest are you about money with your spouse?
It can be very frustrating to be in a relationship with your money opposite. We get it. We know that 70% of all divorces are over money. We’re sure that money impacts the other 30% as well.
Money decisions factor into our everyday lives.
Do you ever find yourself thinking:
- She spends money without thinking about our budget
- I’ve got to protect our assets since he won’t
- One card she doesn’t know about won’t hurt. At least I won’t have to answer so many questions.
While it’s easy — too easy really — to justify these type of thoughts, the reality is pursuing financial infidelity is a slippery slope that can lead to divorce.
In this interview, we talk about 3 steps on this slippery slope:
- Sneaky Spending: does your spouse know about all the credit cards you have and use?
- Secret Savings: are you stashing money in an account your spouse doesn’t know about?
- Juvenile Justification: what lies do you tell your spouse about the money you spend?
If you identified with any of these 3 steps, it’s not too late! You and your spouse can develop a healthy Money Relationship™. If you haven’t taken our free Money Personalities Assessment, click this link and do it now. It’s a great way to begin.
We know that, once you identify the issues and commit to working together, your marriage will be forever transformed.
How do you keep the lines of communication open with your spouse? We would love to hear your ideas. Go ahead and leave your comment below.