Congratulations! You are remarkable! Not everyone makes it to Challenge #3: Review Last Year.
You take the time to make a better life.
Not a perfect life. A better life.
You’re ready for Challenge #3.
Most people let their finances boss them around like a grouchy toddler on a sugar high. But you are taking steps to improve your finances and your relationships.
Our New Year, New Money You Challenge #3 is perfect for someone like you. It’s not flashy or earth shattering, but it’s important. You have to review last year.
Challenge #3 is to “get real with what’s real”.
Take a little time to evaluate last year.
To make this challenge a little easier, here is a checklist:
- Savings for current needs – Did you get off course? What caused you to get off course? Your rainy day fund?
- Savings for your future – Did you add some to a 401(k)? College savings? Or retirement savings?
- Debt – Did your debt decrease? Increase? By how much?
- Spending – Are you an “oober saver”? – Did you make a “spending goal”?
- Memories – Did you make some great memories?
- Charity/Church – Did you feel good about the contributions you made to your church and/or charity last year? What is going to be different this year?
Take some dedicated time to evaluate the progress you made and note any rabbit trails or not-so-great facets of your last year’s finances.
Celebrate—your steps toward a better life.
Recalibrate—your missteps for a better year, this year.
Need to catch up on Challenges #1 and #2?
The steps you take, no matter how big, matter.
Make it Happen!
Taylor & Megan Kovar
The Money Couple
Pick up a copy of our new book, The 5 Money Personalities: Speaking The Same Love & Money Language on our website!